Before accessing or using Our Services, please read this Agreement carefully. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you confirm that you accept and agree to this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, you may not access or use our Services.
Furthermore, if You become a Student as defined below, Your use of Our Services shall also be subject to the Term of Service, which are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms.
This Agreement is written and available in English and we undertake to communicate with you in English regarding any aspect of Our Services.
We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time, in order to clarify or reflect changes or new features in Our Services or in Our Website. You will be notified of the changes or new features by email through the email address supplied by You in Your account information or through a post in Our Website. Unless stated otherwise, the modifications shall become effective on the day that they are posted in Our Website.
Your continued use of Our Services after the changes have become effective shall signify of Your acceptance of these changes. To ensure that You are aware of the latest version of the Terms, We encourage You to visit Our Services regularly. The latest version of the revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
JRP reserves the right to modify any part of Our Services or discontinue their availability at any time.
Section 1. Definitions
The following terms will have the following meanings in this Agreement:
- Effective Date - the date that Student may start taking the Online Course
- Expiration Date – the last day that Student is allowed to open his/her enrolled Online Course
- Accessibility Period –the Period that Student is allowed to access the Online Course Materials
- Online Courses – John Robert Powers Programs materials that are only exclusive, available, and accessible online
- Workshops – John Robert Powers Programs that are only available in the designated workshop centers
- Online Course Materials – exclusive materials made available through the Website to those enrolled in the Online Course.
- Enroll/Enrollment – the act of purchasing Workshops and/or Online Courses
- User – the general term used to refer to a person using or accessing the Website
- Student – a User who has successfully registered in the Website and enrolled in a Workshop or Online Course
- Legal Guardian – the Legal Guardian of Student below eighteen (18) years old
- Public Website - refers to that portion of the Website that is available for use or access by any User without the need to be a Student
Section 2. JRP and Our Services
Incorporated under Philippine laws, JRP is a Personality Development Program Provider for individuals who seek to achieve their full potential. Our Services enable users (“Users”) to enroll as students (“Students”) in JRP workshops (“Workshops”) and online courses (“Online Courses”). Our Services also include providing accessibility to online course materials (“Online Course Materials”).
Section 3. Eligibility for Use of Our Services
- You must confirm Your age to be able to enter into legally binding contracts, which will enable You to access and use Our Services. By accessing and using Our Services, there is a presumption that you confirm and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a legal contract. However, should You be below eighteen (18) years old, it shall be deemed implied that both You and Your legal guardian have entered into a legal contract with JRP and thus, are bound by the terms and conditions of Our Website and Our Services.
- You have read and understood these Terms.
- You accept these Terms and You agree to be bound by this Agreement and to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- You warrant that Your use of our Services does not violate any laws, rules and regulations.
- You take responsibility for any consequences of Your breach of this section.
- You agree not to use the Services to solicit, recruit, or contact in any form, Instructors or potential Users for employment or contracting for a business not affiliated with Us without Our advance written permission, which may be withheld in Our sole discretion.
Section 4. Use or Access
You are solely responsible for all the fees and costs incurred, including but not limited to service, data charges and/or other that may be associated with Your use and access to the Services, as well as for obtaining and maintaining all services, software, computer hardware, and other equipment required for such use and access.
Section 5. Registration
- To access and use Our Services, You will need to register through the following:
- By Email
- Your email will serve as Your Username
- You shall elect a Password that may need to be in accordance with a certain form
- A verification link will be sent to the email of User and User must click such link to activate his/her account
- By Facebook Login
- You shall be required to link Your Facebook account to Our Website, which shall serve as Your log-in credentials
- By Email
- You shall be qualified to use Our Services only upon successful registration of a JRP Account.
- Upon successful registration, You shall be required to provide personal information that is true, accurate, current and complete in all aspects.
- Should your registration information change, You are responsible in updating such information through Your Student Dashboard. We shall not be held liable for any error in Your Enrollment or other matters should You fail to update the changes in Your registration information.
- We reserve the right to change any required registration information as needed and may further request additional information subsequent to Your initial registration.
- Your JRP Account password shall be kept secured. It is Your duty to immediately notify us if You suspect or experience any security breach or unauthorized use of Your account.
- You may register only one (1) JRP Account. In case of duplicate accounts, We reserve the right to close or merge the duplicate accounts.
- All activities and transactions made under a JRP Account shall be deemed as activities and transactions carried out by the registered user. You shall only use Our Services to transact on Your own account and not on behalf of any other person or entity.
Section 6. Fees, Payment & Taxes
- All payments shall be made to John Robert Powers Center, Inc.
- By purchasing Workshops and/or Online courses, You agree to pay the appropriate fees and taxes (“Enrollment Fee”) corresponding to the particular Service that You wish to avail of. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all fees are non-cancellable, non-transferrable, and non-refundable.
- Payment can be done through the following:
- Online Payment
- By using Your credit/debit card, You hereby represent and warrant that You are authorized to use and/or disclose the information indicated in the credit/debit card. Furthermore, You also hereby represent and warrant that You are authorizing JRP to charge your credit/debit card to pay Your fees.
- Payment by Bank Transfer/Electronic Fund Transfer
- You may opt to pay by bank transfer to the account set forth in Your Confirmation Email, which You will receive after You have successfully submitted your Enrollment (“Confirmation Email”).
- Once paid, You must send a copy of the receipt of the bank transfer or the deposit slip, whichever is applicable, to any of the emails or numbers set forth in the Confirmation Email.
- You may opt to personally pay in cash at any of Our JRP branches.
- Online Payment
Section 7. Effectivity, Expiration Date, Accessibility Period and Termination
- Effectivity. You may begin using or accessing Our Services, specifically the Online Course that You applied and paid for on the Effective Date. You shall be informed of the Effective Date after the registration and other necessary requirements have been successfully complied with.
- Expiration Date. You are allowed to open your enrolled Online Course until the Expiration Date. The Expiration Date is indicated per enrolled Online Course in your Student Dashboard. The Expiration Date shall be counted from the moment You have successfully enrolled in an Online Course.
- Accessibility Period. Online Course Materials shall be accessible to You until the end of the Accessibility Period. The Accessibility Period is indicated per Online Course. The Accessibility Period shall begin to run the moment You Start the Online course and shall close after the Period indicated has ended.
- Termination. JRP reserves the right to terminate or suspend access to all or any portion of the Services for violation or suspected violation of these Terms of Service.
- Effect of Termination. You will have no further rights to use or access of the Subscription Website. Termination will not affect the rights or liabilities of either party that accrued prior to termination.
Section 8. Online Course Materials Licenses & Permissions
- JRP hereby grants You (as Student) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and access Our Online Course Materials provided that You have paid all the required fees and taxes and provided further that Your usage and access to Our Online Course Materials are solely for Your own personal, non-commercial, or educational purpose. With this license, JRP expects that Your usage or access of Our Services are done in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with particular Online Courses or Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited absent Our express written consent. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use Online Course Materials unless We give You explicit permission to do so. Online Course Materials are licensed, and not sold, to You.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right, at any time, to revoke the license granted to You to access and use the Online Course Materials, for any legitimate reason in accordance with applicable terms and conditions.
Section 9. Exclusion of JRP Workshop
Should You decide to enroll in the JRP Workshop, You shall be subject to a separate contract with JRP, which consist of another set of terms and conditions.
Section 10. Termination
JRP reserves the right to terminate, suspend, modify, or delete, at Our sole discretion, any (a) Online Course Material, or any Service; and (b) Your access to Our Services or Your Account, under the following conditions:
- Any breach or violation of any of these Terms or any of Our applicable policies, as posted in Our Website from time to time, shall warrant JRP to take action immediately without need of prior notice to You. If We take action pursuant to this paragraph, We shall not be liable to You for any loss of use or access to Workshop(s) or Online Course(s) You may have enrolled in nor for any other use of Our Services associated with Your Account. For avoidance of any doubt, You understand and agree that You will not be compensated nor be eligible for any refund under any circumstances for any loss of use and access to Our Services, including but not limited to the Online Course(s) You may have enrolled in;
- . In case of any other reason, JRP shall give prior notice to You. If We take action pursuant to this paragraph and You are a Student, You shall be fully or partially refunded for any loss of use and access to Online Course(s) that You have purchased in accordance with and subject to the terms of Our refund policy.
Section 11. Trademarks
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (the "Trademarks") used and displayed through Our Services are Our registered or unregistered Trademarks, or of Our suppliers, or third parties, and are protected pursuant to applicable trademark laws. All rights are reserved and You may not alter or obscure the Trademarks, or link to them without Our prior approval.
Section 12. Non-Expiration of Provisions
All provisions relating to proprietary rights, payment of fees, confidentiality, disclaimer of warranty, indemnification, and limitation of liability, shall continue despite the expiration or earlier termination of these Terms of Service.
Section 13. Right to Amend
Except for any provisions determining the primary contractual obligations of Student and JRP, JRP has the right to revise and amend these Terms of Service from time to time to reflect changes in business needs including, but not limited to, changes in features and functionality, market conditions, technology, payment methods, relevant laws and regulatory requirements and in system capabilities. Changes are effective immediately upon posting and Student’s continued use of any of Our Services following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that Student accepts and agrees to the changes, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
Section 14. Injunction
Student acknowledges that a breach of any confidentiality or proprietary rights provision of these Terms of Service may cause JRP irreparable damage, for which the award of damages would not be adequate compensation. Consequently, JRP may seek an injunction to prevent Student from taking any and all acts in violation of those provisions, which remedy shall be cumulative and not exclusive, and JRP may seek the entry of an injunction enjoining any breach or threatened breach of those provisions, in addition to any other relief that JRP may be entitled by law or in equity.
Section 15. Governing Law and Venue
These Terms of Service shall be construed and governed by the laws of the Philippines, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws thereof. Student agrees and accepts that any legal action or proceeding shall be brought in the courts of the Philippines and Student expressly waives any objection to personal jurisdiction, venue or forum non-conveniens. Additionally, in the event of any dispute or claim relating to or arising out of these Terms of Service (including, but not limited to, any claims of breach of contract, tort, infringement), Student agrees that all such disputes/claims shall be resolved by means of a court trial conducted in the Philippine courts, and Student expressly waives any right it may otherwise have to any trial outside Philippine jurisdiction.
Section 16. Notices
Legal notices may only be sent to the office address of JRP at 4/F Casmer Building, 195 Salcedo Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City, 1229, Metro Manila, Philippines. However, notices to Student may be sent either to the email address or home address supplied by Student in his/her account information. In addition, JRP may broadcast notices or messages through the Website to inform of changes to the Website or other matters of importance, and such broadcasts shall constitute notice to Student to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Any notice or communication under these Terms of Service shall be deemed delivered to the party receiving such communication (a) if by personal delivery, on the delivery date; (b) if by registered mail or private courier, on the date of receipt by party after verification from the private courier or post office; (c) if by email, on the delivery date; or (d) within three (3) days after JRP posts a notice on the Website.
Section 17. Force Majeure
JRP shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations that is caused by events outside its reasonable control (“Force Majeure”). Force Majeure includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond JRP’s reasonable control including, but not limited to, restrictions of law, regulations, orders, or other governmental directives, labor disputes, acts of God, third party mechanical or other equipment breakdowns, terrorist attacks, fire, explosions, fiber optic cable cuts, interruption or failure of telecommunications or digital transmission links, Internet failures or delays, storms or other similar events.
Section 19. Severability
If any provision of these Terms of Service are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
Section 20. Waiver and Amendment
Any failure on the part of JRP to insist upon strict performance of Student’s obligations under any of these terms and conditions or any failure on the part of JRP to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which it is entitled under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve Student from compliance with such obligations. No waiver by JRP of any default will constitute a waiver of any subsequent default, and no waiver by JRP of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to Student in writing.
Section 21. Geographic Restrictions
Software, functionality, and/or features (collectively, “Service Functionality”), that may be available on or through Website from time-to-time, is subject to applicable laws. Although the Website may be accessible worldwide, JRP makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the Philippines, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal, is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with the Services is void where prohibited.